Going Away for Heather & Meeting Ezra Party!
Friday, March 19
Book of the Month
Another fabulous book from book club!! I'm happy to report I only missed one month since Ezra was born. And I'm glad I came back for this one. This is an excellent book with great writing, character development, and story line. The 500+ pages were very intimidating at first, but very easy to get through. It's a historical fiction piece that follows the life span of Amineta Dello, an African stolen at 11 & sold into slavery during the 1700s. She lives as a slave in South Carolina, eventually finds freedom during the Revolutionary War, and spends the last of her years fighting against slavery with British abolitionists. Meena endures all sorts of horrible loses, but there is still an awesome redemptive quality to her story!
So next week, we all meet. What started as just a neighborhood book club has expanded & changed since we began last spring. We gained two new girls and lost one, the creator of the club! I've really enjoyed getting to know these incredible ladies and read books I wouldn't necessarily pick on my own. It has also been a great intellectual outlet since I'm no longer teaching. Plus the wine, stories and silliness aren't bad either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment