Monday, February 7

Pregnancy Q & A

Q: When did you find out?
J: Just three days after E's birthday! Such a wonderfully, eventful last few weeks of December!


Q:Awww, did you tell W in a cute way?
J: Naturally, when I found out I immediately thought "This is WAY TOO perfect! Christmas! A special gift! A total surprise! So cool!!" That lasted all of A day. W caught me with a test Tuesday morning and I had to fib myself out of that one while trying so hard not to smile. I am absolutely horrible when it comes to keeping things from W. I acted fast and put the test on his breakfast plate {with the cap on!!} while he took the dogs outside.

W: I was wondering why she wanted me to have breakfast so bad. Right at that moment. She asked me like four times if I wanted to have breakfast. I had to wash my hands!


Q: Was this planned?
J: Sure, in the fact that we weren't stopping it from happening. I haven't taken meds for that since after seven months into marriage. Hated the pill!! But I really think breastfeeding was a natural protection for us, because December was the first full month where I wasn't nursing. The truth is, we'd be happy if we found out another was on the way months before. ;)

W: She about covered it.

Q: How are you feeling?
J: Pretty good now. There was definitely the stage of queasiness and extreme exhaustion. But I found that if I get some good protein like eggs first thing in the morning, I do so much better. The few times I actually felt like I would toss my cookies was when I skimped for a bowl of cereal. The exhaustion seems more this time around but that's probably because I already have a baby to care for!

Q: Notice any differences yet?
J: YES! The biggest is my desire for sweets. With E, I could not touch them, especially chocolate, with a 10 foot pole. Now I'm eating them pretty regularly and sometimes it feels like they help my stomach calm down. Also I'm craving fruit more than last time. Before it was all about salt! I remember drinking the remaining balsamic vinegar in my bowl after I finishing a salad. So gross! But it tasted so good! Also the queasiness and exhaustion seemed to kick in so much earlier this go around. Like week 5 or 6. And I feel it the worst at night; opposite of E.


Q: Are you going to find out the gender?
J: We've been talking about this lately. I loved not finding out with Ezra!! It was one of the sweetest moments when W told me. Now, I'm up for a new adventure. But I still want it to be special. My mom shared the idea that's been going around. I like that. But we won't decide on a name until birth, we've got to meet 'em first and see what s/he looks like. Plus we can never agree until we're under pressure.

W: Probably. But truthfully, I'd rather not. It's one of the very few real good surprises left in this world.

Q: Gender Predictions?
W: Whatever J says, I go with the opposite.

J: Honestly, I have no clue. I'll just say boy. I've already had a dream it's a boy. But, last pregnancy I had two dreams about having a girl. Clearly, I can't quiet down my presumptions long enough to figure out what my gut is saying. ;) It'd really be fun and great to have either for different reasons. Although, I've been eyeing the adorable girls' clothes at Target lately!

W: Alright, I'm going with girl.

Q: And...what about a home birth?
W: If we can find a midwife we like, trust and can afford, we will certainly, prayerfully consider it. If it's a viable option, I'd really like to go for it.

J:Yeah, me too. It's a honest desire of my heart and God's put it there for a reason. It's all about having him/her naturally really, like E. I'd just love to do it in the comfort of my home if at all possible. Actually, I'm really digging the idea of a water birth this time!! Again, up for a new adventure!

9 comments:

Tara said...

excitinggg!!!

you're so lucky you don't get sick! jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous!!! lol. :)

man, if i had the patience to wait on the gender, i think that would be *so* fun! what a FANTASTIC moment that would be right after delivery!!

although, if you do decide to find out, i wouldnt settle on the quote that i hear so much from people who choose to wait.... "there are few great surprises left in this world..."

that always gets me cuz i think "isn't it a surprise no matter when you find out? you dont go into an ultrasound OR a delivery knowing what it is....it's always a surprise, no matter when or how you find out! its just a matter of getting your surprise early or not. like getting a christmas gift the week before christmas or on christmas day. the gift itself is still a surprise."

:) :) :)

cant wait to find out what you guys decide!! my vote is girl!

here's to a healthy, happy, perfect pregnancy!!!

<333

Megan said...

That is a cute idea. But surprises are fun too. I just can't wait to find out what you are having! hahaha

ashlynjustin said...

How fun Jess!! I was the same with Grayson I hated sweets the whole pregnancy, I turned into a meat and patatoes girl it was so crazy. So maybe this time it's going to be a girl. THe do say they are made with sugar and spice for a reason. I don't know how so many of my friends are having babies around the 2 year mark, I solute you. I am so scared to have another, J keeps talking about when we will and I keep saying talk to me in 5 years lol. Well cheers to an amazing next 9 months and I can't wait to meet the new bunddle in Sep. If you need anything know we are just a phone call away <3

Stef said...

This was such a great idea Jess! I should do this "next time" - because I always have an influx of questions and I get overwhelmed with answering every single one.

1.) I'm glad the sick/tired feeling is going away. I had barely any with Ethan and thought all the other women knew were total wimps. Then with Rachel, God humbled me by throwing it on heavy... for 14 weeks :(
But, I learned early on, if you start off the day eating something solid {and yes, forcing it down} it helped SO much for the rest of the day. And I've met women who are their own worst enemy and refuse to do that. They get up and eat a sugary breakfast with coffee :(

2.) I'm always in awe of couples who can wait the full pregnancy to find out gender! I think its over-the-top exciting for people waiting to find out on D day, what your baby is. I can't tell you what a bummer it feels like {to me} when couples find out the gender and name the baby before its even born! Takes all the fun away and by the time baby comes, you feel like the pregnancy drug on and everyone already knew the fun stuff :)
I do agree with Tara - its a huge surprise even when you find out in the ultra sound room... but obviously waiting for the very end is the ULTIMATE surprise :)
I'm more with William, but Jason likes knowing the gender before its born. He says he feels more connected to the baby.

3.) the food you're craving is EVERYTHING I craved with Rachel :)

I'm praying for you guys regarding the home birth!! I so hope its something you're able to do and enjoy this time around. God knows what's best and I'm sure He'll lead you on a clear, direct path :)

Team Argo said...

WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got our internet and I AM SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! What an awesome gift of the Lord! Congratulations sweet friend. I wish we could be there to share this with you!!! Praise the Lord! WOOO HOOO!

Love you,
Christina

Erin Stewart said...

Love this!!! Oh, i totally guess girl just from the way you have been feeling... Can't wait to hear! See you Wed.

Erin Stewart said...

oh! glad you are finding out!!!

Stefany said...

Very cute post!

I was the same with salt vs sweet. Alyssa I couldn't get enough chocolate. Wouldn't call it a craving just tasted so incredibly good. With Trey, found myself eating a lot of salty foods I normally wouldn't...
Maybe it's a girl! : )

Timmy and I always said if we have a 3rd {since we already have everything we need} we would go with the suprise! Only time will tell. ; )

william said...

"Was this planned?"

Well, let's just say we planned to practice.

Yeah.