Saturday, November 28

Oakhurst

W & I have created this travel pattern that we really enjoy. We seem to be switching between urban & country getaways...starting with our 1 year anniversary trip to the city last year (urban, duh!), then Napa, then Chicago. I really enjoy the city while W really loves the country-- so we try to do both!
When deciding where to go on a tight budget & big bellied-wife for our early 2nd year anniversary this month, we decided on Yosemite. And many know, I'm a sucker for B&Bs. So we found a fabulous deal here with a great location in Oakhurst; close to both Bass Lake & Yosemite. We spent a day at each & just enjoyed the quiet nature without many people. We felt like we had each place to ourselves! We even got a room upgrade just because they had empty rooms!

This probably was our most chill vacation since neither of us was up for an itinerary... we were just thankful to get away without much hassle. It was so beautiful everywhere we looked! All the leaves were changing colors, lots of fresh air and it was chilly enough not to be uncomfortable. We also did a bit of hiking...well, just walking on dirt paths, really.
Yosemite Valley...with one waterfall still flowing!!
Oh, and Oakhurst has fabulous thift stores!! W found an awesome three-piece suit, lots of fun ties, and I got a great cook book for $2 that 1/3 is dedicated to slow cooking! Love!

No comments: