Tuesday, November 3

City Treats

At almost 35 weeks, I headed with Linds & my mom for a girls outing to the city! And I'm happy to report that I made it much longer than anyone anticipated! :) Of course, the girls were so kind & made sure to have lots of pit-stops planned into the day. After doing some shopping, our first rest was Williams-Sonoma where we were delighted to discover the author of Cookie Swap was doing a demonstration. Mom even got to participate & we all enjoyed the end products. They even had delicious apple cider to taste too-- so good!

We also stopped in Crate&Barrel and had a conversation with some random yet delightful ladies who also decided to sit in the little staged living room area. One of them was also from Colorado--small world! It was a beautiful day: shopping, walking, and lunch at our favorite hole-in-the-wall cafe. And as you can see in the next picture-- I'm the only one who didn't walk away with any goods. Hubby was *so* proud (yippie, for wifey points!!)

3 comments:

Tara said...

did you really let your hair down and have unpasturized apple cider or were you a good girl and only stuck to the pasturized stuff? ;)

glad you guys had a good time!

i was in WS this weekend picking up a few things and they were making turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes. omg it smelled soooo insanely good!

W and J said...

I'm not sure what kind it was...the good kind though! :) I've been dying to get over to T.J.'s to get some of their apple cider ever since! Was that at our mall that WS was doing that?! I didn't know they did fun stuff at ours!

Tara said...

oh ok! haha! i was asking because i read and was told when i was pregnant that unpasturized apple cider was a no-go while pregnant (similar to the soft cheese/sushi/etc rules). but i "let loose" once and drank the unpasturized stuff. ;)

yup, it was the WS in stoneridge!