Sunday, January 11

2nd Hand Party

This past Friday I hosted a 2nd hand soiree. It turned out to be such a success! I love getting clothes from others rather than stores. Usually girls take such good care of their clothes and I know we all have things that we're just so over wearing but they are still totally wearable. So I decided to invite some friends over for food and shopping! I wish I took pictures of our set-up down stairs-- it was great. We organized table tops, arm chairs, and our two coat racks full of clothes. We had shopping bags in one hand and a glass of wine in the other! Only a few girls were able to make it, but we all found awesome things. I even scored a pair of brown heeled boots, sweet dress, and a juicy sweat-suit! Another girl found a complete outfit for an up-coming wedding! All for the price of FREE (my favorite price, by the way!)
I'm definitely going to do this again later this year. And the best part was just hanging out, catching up, and meeting new people. I also have to post William's centerpiece for our TV station (our TV died so we don't have one now). He created it all on his own, based on a picture from a Pottery Barn catalog. :) My husband is so talented!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is William going to do a guy exchange of weapons?

-Dad

Stef said...

I love this idea, Jess! I'm going to have to copy you. :)
That green coat is fabulous!

Tara said...

lmao @ ur dads comment!

so glad the party went well! wish i could have made it! hopefully the next one...

so sorry to hear about your TV! costco has some good deals right now if you're looking for a new one..also walmart believe it or not has some too

W and J said...

Walmart?! We'll definitely keep an eye out. So far, we've been using William's old school projector & watch movies on our wall. It's been working pretty well, although the projector, itself, is an eye-sore! ;)

W and J said...

Stef-
Please copy the idea! It was so great. Make sure to invite me! ;) I've already worn two skirts that I scored to church & then work today. I just love that we all totally scored during the party! :)

Tara said...

yeah! our friends just got a 42 inch flatscreen for like 700 or something like that...