Saturday, July 12

Pericles


By William Shakespeare
Presented by San Francisco Shakes during the FREE SF Shakespeare Festival

We went this evening during the last weekend performances in Pleasanton. It was such a fun evening! It was one of those nights that makes my heart just scream out loud: "I LOVE SUMMER!!" William and I dined on greek salad, fruit salad & a sandwich with some white wine & premium orange soda on a cozy quilt before the show started (thanks to his handy dandy picnic box). Our friends Chad and Katie came along for the fun. We were planning for it to be two couples, but Matt got sick. 8o( Get better! The play was vibrant & entertaining. I was surprised by how well I could follow what they were saying--it's been awhile for Shakespeare--my literary ears are out of practice. And it was FREE! Our favorite price. Such a wonderful night! :)

I highly recommend going to see the group. They have one more performance in Pleasanton & they travel around the bay area--they end in San Francisco which would also be a fun place to go. But go early, I walked over there at 1pm to put our blanket down & I'm glad I did--there wasn't much left when we came for dinner at 6pm (the show started at 7:30pm)
Website for Info & Schedule: SF Shakes


5 comments:

Tara said...

awww! looks like it was a great time!! im so flippin bummed we missed it!

jillyco said...

Looks like fun! Love the picnic basket; perfect!

william said...

Tara, we wished you could've joined us, it was a good time.

Jill, I take the credit for the basket. I've been dragging that thing around with me for years! I'm glad we're finally using it! 8o)

Stef said...

My In-Laws love going these shows in the park! Sounds like too much fun! Our town does music in the park and such during summer nights out here (I think they just started up) and so we're looking forward to making that our traditional Friday night outing this summer... should be good fun!

Gary said...

hiya gang!

as an actor in the production, I appreciate that you came out and enjoyed the show....

we worked VERY hard on this complicated show to put together an entertaining evening...

PLEASE help continue to spread the word....and have a great rest of the summer!

best,

Gary S. Martinez
www.garysmartinez.com